The October 2009 edition of Surfer Magazine is now available. The mag features surf trips, babes and globetrotting. Among the many stories featured:
- The Billabong crew does their best to reenact the legendary surf movie Filthy Habits by getting barreled out of their gourds in Western Oz. The crew of Joel Parkinson, Andy Irons, Mark Occhilupo and Luke Egan lay it down for Billabong’s latest surf movie, Still Filthy
- An article about preserving Baja’s central coast
- Taj Burrow teaches us how to pull big floaters
- The 2009 Surfer Magazine Magazine Wetsuit Buyers Guide
- Rethinking the Fish - surfboard shaper Daniel Thompson (Tomo Surfboards) discusses the next steps in making the fish more functional (check the Daniel Thompson radio interview)
- The latest on taking a surf trip to Bali
- Hot 100 with Paige Hareb
Who Scored the Cover? - Joel Parkinson tucks behind the curtain in Western Australia.
Man of the Mag - After handling a backside bottom turn at Teahupoo in the Patagonia ad, sailing 14,000 miles of the Pacific Ocean alone in a 40-foot boat and earning the main profile in the magazine Liz Clark, you are the (Wo)Man of the Mag.
Must Read Article - Crossing Oceans - Liz Clark in the South Pacific
Best Advertisement - Most of you probably do not know that Bede Durbidge is currently in fourth place on the ASP World Tour. So to highlight the achievements of one of the least marketed yet best performing surfers, Bede scored three consecutive pages of advertisements - one for On A Mission and two for XCEL wetsuits this month.
To get your copy of the October 2009 edition of Surfer Magazine, visit your local surf shop, book store, supermarket or check it out at Surfer Magazine.