- Mick Fanning winning the 2009 Quiksilver Pro France. For those of you keeping score at home, Mick has won consecutive WCT events and is making a strong charge in challenging his best friend, Joel Parkinson, for the surfing championship
- The poor wave quality for the past few WCT competitions
- More banter about surfing webcast personalities
- An interview with Stephanie Moyerman, a UCSD Ph.D student, about the future of women’s surfboard design
- A New York Times article about Santa Cruz surfer Darryl ‘Flea’ Virostko who is helping combat drug addiction through teaching people how to surf. Darryl has named his project ‘FleaHab‘
The Down the Line surf talk radio podcast of September 27, 2009 is now available at iTunes.