The 2009 New York Surf Film Festival will be going down on September 25 – 27 at the Tribeca Cinemas in New York City.
The New York Surf Film Festival is the premier showcase for international independent surf film. The mission of the New York Surf Film Festival is to provide filmmakers who are exploring the diversity of surfing an opportunity to present their work to a larger audience. As surf culture becomes more popular, the notion of what it means to be a surfer expands. The New York Surf Film Festival’s aim is to build upon and shape the idea of what a surf movie is, while fostering the growth of this global community in NYC.
If you like surf movies, the New York Surf Film Festival is the place to be next week. The most talked about and the most anticipated surf movies of 2009 will be on display at the event. Check the list of surf movies:
- The Drifter (US Premiere of the new Rob Machado movie)
- Modern Collective (World Premier of Kai Neville’s new movie)
- Waveriders (2009 Surfer Magazine Poll Winner for Best Surf Documentary)
- Last Hope by Andrew Kidman (US Premiere)
- Beyond the Dream: Joey Buran Story (East Coast Premiere)
- Sea of Darkness (East Coast Premiere)
- Power of Three (US Premier of Irish surf movie)
- Searching for Michael Peterson (US Premiere)
- And much more….
Tickets for the event can be purchased at the New York Surf Film Festival website.
New York Surf Film Festival Commercial #1
New York Surf Film Festival Commercial #2