Down the Line surf talk radio podcast for the week of June 28, 2009 is now available. This week, Scott Bass, Surfer Magazine’s Online Editorial Director, and Transworld Surf’s Jeff Baldwin cover the latest news in the world of surfing.
Among the topics discussed during this week’s two hour surfing podcast:
- Kelly Slater notching his first WCT victory of 2009 by taking top honors at the Hang Loose Santa Catarina Pro in Brazil over Adriano de Souza (stompandflow’s Hang Loose Santa Catarina Pro contest coverage)
- An interview with legendary Australian surfer and current coach of the American Surf Team, Ian Cairns
- A quick conversation Billabong’s Clash of the Icons, an exhibition surf contest between Mark Occhilupo and Tom Curren, that is scheduled to happen at J Bay during the forthcoming WCT event. While it might be 15 years late, a Curren vs. Occy Billabong’s Clash of the Icons will be available via webcast during the Billabong Pro at Jeffries Bay sometime between July 9 -19.
- Surfer Magazine recently released their list of the 50 greatest surfers ever. Scott and Jeff discuss the rankings and snubs
- A chat about Andy Irons Stab Magazine interview
The Down the Line surf talk radio podcast is now available at iTunes.