The August 2009 Surfing Magazine has us surfing into summer with an idyllic Caribbean set-up on the cover. The magazine offers the masses a feast of words and images:
- A surf trip to Peru with surf movie master Taylor Steele and surfers Rob Machado, Peter Mendia, Kai Barger, Gabriel Villaran and Cristobal de Col
- An interview with Australian Owen Wright
- An introduction to the surf crew of Malibu, CA
- How to surf Newport Beach
- And 21 Ways To Quench Your Summer Thirst
Who Scored the Cover? Ben Bourgeois waiting for the curtain to fall in a Caribbean paradise.
Best Advertisement – Reef Sandals (in a landslide). As Reef celebrates 25 years of doing business, they offer the surfing public a presentation of candidates for the Reef girl hall of fame. And if the 27 candidates pictured are not enough, check out Reef.com to make your own informed decision.
Man of the Mag – Nathan Fletcher.. Not only does Nathan boost frontside airs in two two-page ads within the first 50 pages, he will also be the star in Analog Clothing’s upcoming surf video, Lavese Las Manos.
To get your copy of the August 2009 issue of Surfing Magazine, visit your local surf shop or check it out at SurfingMagazine.com.