Now available, the January 2009 issue of Surfing Magazine. This issue of Surfing Magazine is dedicated to the surfboard – the past, present and future of wave riding vehicles. This month’s issue offers the following articles:
- A few questions with Santa Barbara ripper, Conner Coffin.
- A surf trip to Samoa with Ozzie Wright, Micah Byrne, Zahn Foxton and Josh Hoyer.
- An interview with Surfing Magazine’s 2009 Shaper of the Year, Tom Wegener. Tom Wegener has brought the ancient Hawaiian surfboard, the alaia, back to the world’s attention. The alaia, a thin wooden surfboard with no fin, has brought a renewed sense of wave riding joy to many professional surfers. Riders like Rob Machado, Tom Carroll, Tom Curren and Dave Rastovich have been spotted jetting down the line on alaias.
- The 2009 Surfboard Buyer’s Guide – new rides from 19 different surfboard shapers.
- How to rip Casino Pier in Seaside Heights, New Jersey by Sam Hammer.
- An ASP report about Kelly Slater’s victory over Taj Burrow at Trestles.
- And the featured article, Surfboards 2009 – a look at the future of surfboard design. The article includes interviews with 30 of the most influential shapers in the world. You can find extended interviews with these shapers at Surfing Magazine.
Get yours now.