On the strength of his new hit CD, Pass It Around, Donavon Frankenreiter took some time away from surfing and playing music to act as the Guest Editor for the November 2008 edition of Surfer Magazine. As you might expect, Donavon warmed up his 8-track and put a retro spin on this month’s issue. The issue is stacked, among the worthwhile reading:
- Five Questions with famous photographer and surfer, Michael Muller.
- A feature on the Surfer Hot 100 Performer of the Month, Kolohe Andino.
- An interview with legendary waterman from Kauai, Titus Kinimaka.
- A feature on Donavan Frankenreiter’s most influential surfers (Tom Curren, Kelly Slater, Mark Occhilupo, Bruce Irons and Andy Irons).
- Donavon, Kamalei Alexander, Yadin Nicol, Sterling Spencer, Blake Jones and Pascal Stansfield score empty Trestles – at night – with the aid of headlamps and glow sticks. Video of the Trestles night session.
- A surf travel article by two of the most famous surf travel journalists ever, Kevin Naughton and Craig Peterson, as they taste the exotic aquatic fruits of…. California. (A brief aside, the film about Naughton and Peterson’s 70’s surf adventures, The Far Shore, is required watching for anyone thinking of surf travel).
- A recap of the Association of Surfing Professionals Rip Curl Pro Search contest from Bali, Indonesia.