Surfer Magazine’s podcast, Down the Line, for the week of August 17, 2008 is now available. This week, Scott Bass, Surfer Magazine’s Online Editorial Director, and Marty Thomas, former WCT professional surfer, cover what is new in the world of surfing.
Scott and Marty interview Jim Kempton, former Editor of Surfer Magazine and current Media Director of Billabong USA, about his recently released book, Surfing:The Manual:Advanced. The book compiles surfing knowledge from many of the greatest surfers in the world (Kelly Slater, Laird Hamilton, Gerry Lopez, Andy Irons, Bruce Irons, Taj Burrow, Joel Parkinson, Tom Curren, among many others) and looks to assist intermediate and advanced surfers by providing information on a diverse group of topics such as oceanography, stomping new moves, riding bigger waves, competitive techniques, diet and exercise.
Scott and Marty also cover Surfer’s top five stories of the week:
5. San Diego judge refuses to dismiss charges against Seth Cravens in the murder case of professional surfer, Emery Kauanui.
4. The California Surf Museum finds a new home in Oceanside, CA.
3. Grant ‘Twiggy’ Baker rides 70 foot wave at Dungeons in South Africa
2. Nathaniel Curran wins ASP WQS event in Lacanau, France
1. Between The Lines, a documentary about surfers during the Vietnam War, will be shown at the New York Surf Film Festival
You can download the MP3 or grab the podcast from iTunes.